1. Miami-based company is to install a fiber-optic cable to Cuba, compete with Venezuela
2. Missing dot drops Sweden off the Internet
3. Does Facebook help to reduce college drop-out rates?
4. China bans foreign investment in online games
5. Cyberwar readiness recast as low priority
6. City of Copenhagen is working to remove a Wikipedia entry that describes mayor as former prostitute
7. Did Pirate Party help cut P2P piracy in Sweden?
8. Russians gripped by YouTube video claims of government role in hedge fund scam
Evgeny Morozov, originally from Belarus, is a visiting scholar at Stanford and a Schwartz Fellow at the New America Foundation.